As a parent of a child in a Start Smart Stay Safe (S4) school, there are many ways to be involved.
Participate in the Family Activities with your children and family:
- Use the on-line resources to further strengthen your family’s unique qualities and resilience
- Participate in Family Connection Activities that are sent home by your children’s classroom teacher
Volunteer as an S4 Parent Champion at the school to share S4 with other families:
- Help other families become familiar with S4 at events at the school (Welcome to Kindergarten, Meet the Teacher Nights, Parent Teacher Interviews, other School Celebrations)
- Organize Family Learning Sessions with school administration for parents/caregivers
Participate in school council:
- Be an S4 Parent Champion to inform school council of activities for families and coordinate other family events
- Support S4 initiatives as a member of school council
Additional information for teachers looking to get involved in S4, please click HERE.